팝업레이어 알림

220503_press_002.jpg

Achieving the Values of Diversity and Inclusion Smilegate Establishes … 2022-10-19

■ The first C-level diversity & inclusion (D&I) organization established in the gaming industry, with Executive Director of IP Business Division Min-Jung Paek appointed as the CDIO

■ Establishing a sound infrastructure for global business and delivering entertainment to even more people by achieving the values of D&I

220503_press_002.jpg

Smilegate Group revealed on the 20th that it has established a diversity & inclusion (D&I) team and appointed Executive Director of the IP Business Division Min-jung Paek as the chief diversity and inclusion officer (CDIO).

Explaining the company’s reasons for establishing the D&I Team, a Smilegate spokesperson stated, “There should be no restrictions based on borders, age, disabilities, or gender when it comes to the desire to enjoy good content and we wish to respect cultural diversity throughout the world.” The company also revealed its intent by saying, “We will provide more entertainment and hope through IPs and content that reflect the values of D&I and achieve corporate shared value (CSV) unique to Smilegate through this.”

Executive Director Min-jung Paek, who was newly appointed as the CDIO, has overseen the IP business and led the way in IP diversification for Smilegate Group. She was also the director of the Talent Culture Team within the group and the Future Lab, which is building a creative environment for future generations, and she has strived for years to build a culture of diversity and inclusion within the group. Smilegate is expecting to realize the company’s values of diversity and inclusion within the group culture and reflect such culture in the group’s IPs through the appointment of Executive Director Paek as the CDIO.

Smilegate has also scouted D&I expert Gyeong-jin Lee for the head of the D&I Team to improve the realization of D&I values and the competitiveness of Smilegate. Gyeong-jin Lee was the APAC region D&I leader at the global enterprise EY. She also founded the Korea Diversity and Inclusiveness Network (KDIN) for the purpose of spreading the values of D&I throughout academia and industry, and she hosts a forum on the topics of diversity and inclusion every month with the co-founding members. 

As a result, Smilegate has become the first company in the Korean gaming industry to establish a separate D&I team and appoint a leader of a C-level organization. As the values of diversity and inclusion become more important worldwide, global entertainment and gaming companies are already systematically operating D&I-related organizations. Through this new D&I team, Smilegate intends to establish a sound infrastructure to expand its global business, and to lead sustainable growth in the future by becoming a successful case of D&I in Korea.

Smilegate Group CDIO Min-jung Paek stated, “Through much research and field experience, I have come to realize that a diverse and inclusive environment plays a crucial role in producing creative products.” She continued, “Smilegate will deliver joy to even more people by achieving the values of D&I, which serve as a foundation for creativity and innovation.”

Related Contents